Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

Even though I read this book earlier, I have experienced this yesterday only. May be before that I didn’t realized.

I just returned from work and entered the home. My mom told me that the gas lighter was fell down and the handle was broken. She was trying to explain more. But I interrupted her and said, “Don’t worry mom, I will get you new one”.

I thought this will cool her. But the effect was reverse. She said “Am I dumb? Why you are trying to stop me? I should not talk?”. Really I didn’t get what she meant.

She continued. “Morning you wake up early and going to yoga. After returning you are rushing to office. And you are back at night only. Only this time I can speak to you. That time also you are stopping me to speak.”

I realized what she meant. Here she is not worried about the broken thing. She is using that has some topic and trying to speak to me little.

I ashamed that I am not spending quite a lot time with her. Hardly I am available home in weekends. Weekdays most of the time goes in office and other activities. So she wants me to spend some time with her.

As said by John Grey in ‘Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus’, a man wants to help a woman feel better by solving her problems. He feels he can be valued and thus worthy of her love when his abilities are used to solve her problems. He has no idea that by just listening with empathy and interest he can be supportive.

This is the reality. What I understood was my mom is asking for a solution. But she wants me to spend some time with her. Now I realized this. Now trying to leave office earlier :)

No comments: